A Saint Ursula Academy education is an investment in your daughter’s future. The Ursulines of Cincinnati were committed to providing a Saint Ursula education for qualified students and making this education affordable. We continue their legacy by partnering with families to make a Saint Ursula education financially possible. We are committed to ensuring that each young woman who enrolls at Saint Ursula Academy is able to persist and graduate without financial barriers. To accomplish this goal, we provide tuition assistance plans and financial aid. We also work closely with enrolled families on a one-on-one basis, understanding that life circumstances may change at a moment’s notice.
A tuition deposit for the 2024-2025 year is required on enrollment day on January 31, 2024. This non-refundable deposit is to help ascertain the enrollment for the coming year and is applied directly towards tuition. A new student’s registration is not finalized until the enrollment contract is completed and returned, and the tuition deposit has been paid in full. The tuition at SUA is competitive with many other area schools. Tuition for the 2023-2024 school year is $15,550. All families must also pay the general fee of $1,000 per year; this fee includes the Tablet PC and help desk support.
Tuition Payment Options
1. Full payment - Parents may choose to pay the total tuition and fees prior to/or on August 1, 2024.
2. Eleven (11) Installments – Parents may choose to pay the total tuition and fees in eleven (11) monthly payments beginning in July 2024. No interest is charged for parents who choose to make installment payments.
There is an additional fee for students who are enrolled in the Educational Services Program (a program for girls with identified learning disabilities and ADHD). The 2023-2024 fee for the Educational Services Program is $5,440. Freshmen who are accepted into the ES Program must attend the Summer Workshop (June 10 - 21). There is a fee for the Summer Workshop. The cost for the Workshop is $305.FACTS
is the billing agent for all tuition accounts. An annual service fee of $46 will be charged by FACTS for those families who select the 11 month payment option. All tuition payments must be made by ACH withdrawal from a checking account. Saint Ursula Academy will assess a $25 service charge for any checks returned for insufficient funds. FACTS also reserves the right to assess a fee for checks returned for insufficient funds.
SUA Financial Aid Video: FACTS Tuition Management Demo:
SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS
For the Class of 2028, the Saint Ursula Academy Admissions Committee will award academic merit scholarships on the basis of High School Placement Test scores along with the student profile. Students who submit an application and High School Placement Test scores to Saint Ursula Academy by the deadline are automatically eligible for merit scholarships - a separate scholarship application is not required for academic merit scholarships. Typically, these scholarships are awarded to the top 1% of applicants. Some academic merit scholarships are renewable. Renewable merit awards will remain in effect as long as the student maintains a cumulative grade point average above a 3.0 and remains in good standing with Saint Ursula Academy.
Saint Ursula will offer one-year awards in the amount of $1000 which are not based on the High School Placement Test scores. 8th-grade girls must apply for admission and submit HSPT scores, however, these awards will require a separate essay submission by November 28, 2023. To learn more about this award, please click HERE
to see the essay prompt and instructions on how to submit the essay. Families will be notified in their acceptance packet if they have been selected to receive an award.
Saint Ursula Academy is known for academic excellence and draws the best and brightest students from across the Greater Cincinnati region.
It’s cool to be smart at SUA, which attracts students who are serious about their high school foundation. That means, each year, there are more high-testing students than merit scholarships. Each high performing student, whether she is offered a scholarship or not, will be in class with other students and teachers who will challenge her in a way that she can reach her greatest potential. The value that comes from a students’ high achievement in high school pays off in college and far beyond. An investment in Saint Ursula is well worth it.
All financial assistance awards are distributed in the form of financial aid grants, and these awards are granted based on the family’s demonstrated financial need. To be considered for financial aid grants, families must submit a financial aid application by Monday, November 20, 2023.
Saint Ursula will continue to be a provider for the EdChoice Scholarship Program and the EdChoice Expansion Program for the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 school years. Ohio House Bill 33 (Backpack Bill) passed recently in Ohio. It expands Ohio EdChoice to include ALL OHIO FAMILIES.
Ohio EdChoice Expansion Scholarship Program
The State of Ohio EdChoice Expansion Program underwent a significant transformation for the 2023-2024 school year. Every Ohio family now qualifies. This new program is an income-based program that provides scholarships to students in grades K–12 based on household income level. Under the new program, scholarships for EdChoice Expansion are awarded based on the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of a family’s household. This program is not tied to your resident school district. If a family’s household income is at or below 450 percent of the Federal Poverty Level, the family will be awarded the maximum scholarship amount. If a family’s household income is at or above 451 percent of the Federal Poverty Level, the student’s scholarship award will be prorated based on the chart below.
In order to be eligible to receive the full scholarship amount for the 2023-2024 academic year, your family must complete the State of Ohio application no later than October 14, 2023
. Applications received after this date will result in pro-rated scholarship amounts based on the application date. Each family will be required to create an Ohio ID account with the State of Ohio, please visit this website
for step-by-step instructions.
Once your ID account is established, please send the completed application
, required proof of residency
and student birth certificate to Saint Ursula Academy for processing to Patrice Eby at [email protected]
. Adjustments to your tuition account will not occur until after Saint Ursula Academy receives official award notification directly from the State of Ohio. Please continue to make your agreed-upon tuition payments as scheduled. If you have any questions or need additional assistance with the process, please contact Angela Steele at [email protected].
Important EdChoice Information for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- EdChoice Renewals: If you have received the 2023-2024 award notification from the State of Ohio for your student, you do not need to do anything further at this time. Your student’s tuition account reflects the scholarship.
- New EdChoice applicants who currently receive financial aid from Saint Ursula Academy: As stated in your financial aid award letter, Saint Ursula Academy will reassess your financial aid award upon receipt of the official award notification from the State of Ohio. Your Saint Ursula Academy financial aid will be adjusted by 50% of the State of Ohio EdChoice Scholarship amount.
Scenario: Student received $6,000 financial aid award from Saint Ursula Academy. The family financial responsibility is $9,550 after the financial aid is applied to the tuition account.
Under the new expansion program, the student is awarded $5,000 from the State of Ohio program. Saint Ursula Academy financial aid award will be reduced to $3,500 ($6,000 - $2,500 (50% of $5,000 EdChoice scholarship)). The family responsibility is $7,050 after the EdChoice scholarship and adjusted financial aid award from Saint Ursula Academy is applied.
Important information for the 2024-2025 Academic Year
- If you are an Ohio resident and would like to be considered for a financial aid award from Saint Ursula Academy, you are required to apply for the Ohio EdChoice Expansion scholarship. New applications are expected to open with the State of Ohio in February 2024.
- Given the significant expansion of the Ohio EdChoice scholarship program, Saint Ursula Academy will now require any family wanting to be considered for financial assistance from the school to submit a new financial aid application with FACTS each year. The deadline to apply for the 2024-2025 academic year is November 20, 2023 and will use your 2022 Federal income tax return, related schedules and W-2 forms.
FINANCIAL AIDFinancial aid application process:
1. Complete the online financial aid application through FACTS
- Create an account and follow the prompts to complete your online application.
- The application has a $35 fee which must be paid online when you submit the application.
- All completed applications must be submitted to FACTS, a third-party service, NO LATER THAN the deadline indicated on the form (November 20, 2023). LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY FACTS OR SAINT URSULA ACADEMY.
- You will need your 2022 federal income tax return to complete this application.
- If the schools you are considering are also using FACTS to process their financial aid forms and are accepting 2020 income tax data, then you only need to complete one online form to apply for aid consideration at each school.
- Be sure to include Saint Ursula Academy on your application form.
2. FACTS accumulates the data and provides Saint Ursula Academy with a confidential report, indicating the family’s financial need.
3. Saint Ursula Academy makes all financial aid decisions based on need using this report as a guide.
4. Financial aid will be awarded in early January 2024. You will be notified by mail as to the amount and form of financial aid. This notification will be sent out prior to the Class of 2028 enrollment day.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Jodi Clever, Vice President of Operations, at 961-3410 ext. 131.