Cincinnati, Ohio – August 28, 2017 –– The podium at the Moeller Invitational Cross Country meet was filled with runners from Saint Ursula Academy over the weekend as the SUA JV team finished first, second, third, fourth, fifth, seventh, eighth, and ninth places! In all, 15 of the top 25 finishers were members of the Saint Ursula Bulldogs team.
The JV XC Bulldogs scored a total of 15 points, which is the lowest (best) score possible in a cross country meet. Scoring is based on the first five runners from each team to cross the finish line. Each finisher receive the points that correspond to their placement. For example, first place receives one point, second place receives two points, etc. The top five finishers were all from Saint Ursula Academy, which led to the overall first place finish for the team.
Runners placing in the top 25 from SUA:
1. Emma Foster from Delhi Township
2. Hailey Baca from Anderson Township
3. Kate Finn from Norwood
4. Grace Kaiser from Hyde Park
5. Caroline Hemmer from Mariemont
7. Ema Tombragel from Anderson Township
8. Megan Greive from Sycamore
9. Bree Wyendandt from Anderson Township
14. Claire Dillard from Milford
17. Libby Heflin from Turpin Hills
18. Emily Denoyer from Kenwood
20. Lauren Fleming from Anderson Township
22. Morgan McGee from Madeira
23. Ellen Brennaman from Terrace Park
24. Alexa Carlton from Delhi Township
Saint Ursula Academy is a Catholic, college-preparatory, secondary school for young women known for academic excellence and rich tradition. Saint Ursula welcomes students from more than 90 grade schools in the Greater Cincinnati area. The Academy is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School. The campus, located at 1339 E. McMillan Street in East Walnut Hills has been the home of St. Ursula Academy and Convent since 1910. The Class of 2017 earned college scholarships totaling more than $21-million.
Photo courtesy of @MoeCrossCountry