Saint Ursula Academy teachers are doing great things in the classroom, in the broader community, and even globally! Our teachers strive to provide a rich and academically challenging curriculum for our students each and every day. Just as important, however, are the things our teachers are doing to build a better world outside of the walls of Saint Ursula Academy.
"As teachers, we have an invaluable opportunity to serve as positive role models for our students. Even our simplest, daily actions can support our students' growth as thinkers, leaders, nurturers and prophets."
-Jennifer Mertens, Religion Teacher
Did you know that our teachers:
1. Worked on a cancer research team and presented results nationally? And, published the results and research as a curriculum guide for teachers across the United States?
2. Traveled to New Orleans to help clean up after Hurricane Katrina?
3. Shop for groceries and prepare meals for the hungry in Cincinnati on a regular basis?
4. Provide foster care for retired greyhounds?
5. Film, edit, and produce videos for local non-profit agencies?
6. Travel to Appalachia with students on mission trips?
7. Earned a scholarship to attend the Teachers Institute at Williamsburg, Virginia?
8. Play in a local band and participate in local musical recording sessions?
9. Participate in numerous community theater productions?
10. Traveled to Nicaragua through the Friends of Batahola organization on a mission trip?
11. Were featured on "Don't Waste Your Money" for being able to go to Disneyworld on a dime?
12. Lead Brownie and Girl Scout Troops?
13. Coach youth basketball?
14. Led a research project on the effects of channelization and urbanization on Mill Creek?
15. Participated in and presented multiple research studies focused on students with Learning Disabilities
16. Coach a local Girls on the Run running group?
17. Work alongside a teacher who was named one of ten Greater Cincinnati Teachers of Excellence