facebook page twitter profile instagram page search icon


Diversity at Saint Ursula Academy

  • Be respected and appreciated for your individual gifts
  • Be understood and able to celebrate your cultural heritage
  • Be challenged academically in all subject areas
  • Be given opportunities to serve others
  • Be able to participate in extracurricular activities
  • Be taken seriously and have your voice heard
  • Be able to take risks without fear of embarrassment
  • Attend a school with a strong family spirit

Diversity Student Body

Diversity is a core value at Saint Ursula Academy. Historically, the esteem for diversity is rooted in the teachings of St. Angela Merici, foundress of the Ursuline Order, and whose ideals continue to shape the educational character of the Academy. Angela insisted on love and respect for every individual, and a responsiveness to the “needs of the times” and of all social classes especially those marginalized, not by choice, but by alienation, oppression, or exclusion from educational opportunities.
Saint Ursula Academy strives to embrace that imperative for diversity.  In operation since 1910, the Academy is centrally located in East Walnut Hills, 1339 East McMillan Street. Saint Ursula Academy’s location attracts diversity in its staff and student body, including different social, racial, religious and economic backgrounds. Our diverse student community comes from nearly 80 public and private schools. Students commute from 35 school districts from the Greater Cincinnati area and Northern Kentucky, using public school district bus transportation, Queen City Metro, arranged car pools, or their own car. The student body is 90% Roman Catholic with the remaining 10% of our population belonging to other Christian, Jewish, Hindu and Muslim faiths. Over the past five years, the minority student populations average remains steady at 7%

Diversity Mission Statement

The Saint Ursula community is a trusting, inclusive environment that celebrates differences including culture, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, learning styles, disabilities, and economic status. Our learning environment uses resources to create opportunities that build an appreciation for all of our talents, gifts, and abilities.

Diversity through the Arts

This program at SUA consists of a series of workshops held throughout the school year. Guest artists or art organizations will host a workshop where they demonstration various art forms from visual to dance. These workshops will be hosted after school starting in January 2017 and will run through May 2017.

Open to entire SUA community students, faculty ,staff, alumnae, parents
Time: 3:30pm – 5:00pm

January - Hip Hop Dance
February – Visual Art Experiences
April – Music Experience

Contact Us

Toilynn O'Neal '90
Diversity Director
513-961-3410, ext. 261


Upcoming Events

PAAD Holiday Party
December 13, 2016  6:30pm -8:00pm

PAAD All-school Assembly
January 13, 2017 2:00pm
Theme: Nurturer

Soul Food Sale
February 10, 2017 8:00am – 2:00pm

Sisterhood Celebration

April 4, 2017