St. Ursula Academy is a Catholic, college-preparatory, secondary
school for young women, sponsored by the Ursulines of Cincinnati in
the spirit of St. Angela Merici, their foundress. The
administrators, faculty and staff are dedicated to unleashing the
potential of each student to become a woman of faith, integrity and
courage committed to building a better world.
St. Ursula Academy offers an intensive four-year program in the
fields of English, mathematics, science, social studies, French,
Spanish, Latin, and religion. An entrance test is required of all
prospective freshmen students. Academic scholarships are also based
on the results of this test.
The Academy also offers a program for college-bound, highly
motivated young women of above average ability who have dyslexia or
other learning disabilities. Learning disabilities students are
completely mainstreamed within the college-preparatory curriculum
through the Educational Services Program.
A St. Ursula education offers much more than strong academics. It
intertwines moral values and standards of excellence, exercises in
Christian leadership and service in family, Church, and society.
St. Ursula Academy seeks cultural and socio-economic diversity by
drawing students from the entire Cincinnati area to its campus
centrally located in East Walnut Hills.
2012-2013 enrollment: 639 students representing over 80 grade schools and approximately 20 school districts in the Greater Cincinnati area. 20% of the students receive financial aid. The student teacher ratio is 13:1. Average Class size is 20. 70% of the faculty have post-graduate degrees.
In Recent Years
- Class of 2012 Scholarships and Awards (85%) of the seniors received scholarships totaling $24 million.
- 23 seniors in the Class of 2013 (15%) have been honored by the National Merit Corporation.
- In the past five years, an average of 12% of the seniors have been honored by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation as finalists, semi-finalists, or commended students.
- In 1999, 2001, 2004, 2007 SUAVE (St. Ursula Academy Vocal Ensemble)
performed at New York’s Carnegie Hall.
- From 1995-2010, SUAVE, the Orchestra (SUASO), and Concert Choir have won
35 First Place trophies, collectively in national competitions. SUAVE also
has won 11 Overall Choral Awards and 4 Grand Sweepstakes Awards. SUASO has
won 2 Overall Instrumental Awards.
- The St. Ursula Academy Ensemble Theatre (SET) was invited to perform at
the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland in 2004 & 2007.
- Approximately 179 students do service in Greater Cincinnati area weekly.
- The 2011-12 Academic Team was one of four Greater Cincinnati Catholic High School teams that advanced to the State Regional Tournament.
- 19 state championships since 1990 in golf (1994 & 1997), soccer (1991 &
1993, 2007 and 2008), swimming & diving (1993-95), volleyball (1993-98, 2001,2003); cross
country in 2006, and field hockey in 2010.
- National Division I volleyball championship 2003
- Six Buddy LaRosa High School Athlete of the Year Awards: 1992, 1994,
1996, 1999, 2004 and 2010.
- Basketball Division I state runner-up- 2002
- Scholar athlete GGCL Grey Div. 1995-99
- Scholar athlete GGCL Scarlet Division 2003
- All Sport League Trophy - Grey Division 1993-99All Sport League Trophy –
Scarlet Division 2000, 2003, 2005-08
- 7 Consecutive Harold Meyer Good Sportsmanship Awards from OHSAA - 2005, 2006, 2007. 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.