At Saint Ursula Academy we believe that qualified students should have the opportunity to pursue their education in a challenging environment surrounded by like-minded students. For some students that means applying to enter SUA at a time other than the start of 9th grade. Current class size will play a role in our ability to accept transfer students into Saint Ursula Academy.
Saint Ursula Academy will accept sophomore year transfer applications at the end of the student's freshman year, through the first two weeks of the academic calendar year and at mid-year. A wait pool will be established for accepted sophomore students if the class is filled.
Course placement for transfer students will be determined after admission to Saint Ursula Academy and will require a transcript from the previous high school. All transfer students are placed in Literary Genres, which is a foundation course for all writing at Saint Ursula Academy. Math and World Language placement may require taking mastery tests after admission.
Requirements for Transfer Applicants
- Submit the Transfer Application Form along with a current high school transcript. High School Placement Test scores are not required, but if available will be considered along with state/standardized test scores. However, the primary academic criteria for admissions decisions will be based on strong academic performance in a college preparatory curriculum.
- Complete a family interview with members of the Admissions Committee.
- Once admitted, submit a letter from either the Principal or Director of Guidance at the previous school saying transfer student is leaving in good academic standing with no discipline or attendance issues. This letter must be received before a transfer student may attend her first day of class at SUA. Saint Ursula Academy does not accept students who have been expelled from other high schools.
One month before the desired transfer date, the application and unofficial transcript is due to the Admissions Office. Once accepted, the student will be allowed to spend a day shadowing a current Saint Ursula Academy student. All required paperwork will be provided to the accepted family within a week of the meeting.
One week before the intended start date the following will be due:
- Tablet PC deposit
- Enrollment deposit
- Enrollment contract
- Letter from current high school confirming good standing
- Student Information Form
- An official transcript from the previous high school
From the Ohio State high school guidelines on athletics:
"If a student transfers at any time after the fifth day of the student’s ninth grade year or after having established eligibility by playing in a contest (scrimmage, preview/jamboree, Foundation game or regular season/tournament contests) until the one year anniversary of the date of enrollment in the school to which the student transferred, the student shall be ineligible for all contests (including all scrimmages, preview/jamboree/Foundation game) until after the first 50% of the maximum allowable* regular season contests in those sports in which the student participated (participation being defined as playing in a contest) during the 12 months immediately preceding this transfer have been competed."
SUA will only consider junior transfers if a family is relocating to the Greater Cincinnati area and the student is coming from a school with formational and academic programming similar to Saint Ursula Academy.
For details about the transfer process, please contact Michelle Dellecave, Director of Admissions, at 513-961-3410 x183 or firstname.lastname@example.org.